Chez John - Terms and Conditions
Please find the Terms and Conditions below, these must be read and understood before booking. In addition these may be printed.
1. The property known as Chez John, is offered for holiday subject to confirmation by NH John and JK John (joint owners)
2. To reserve the property, the Client should complete and sign the booking form and return it together with payment of the initial non-refundable deposit (25% of the total due). Following receipt of the booking form, deposit and signed copy of these conditions by post, the owners will send confirmation of the booking.
3. The balance due, is payable not less than six weeks prior to the start of the rental period. If payment is not received by the due date, the owners reserve the right to give notice, in writing, that the reservation is cancelled. Reservations made within six weeks of the start of the rental period must be paid for in full at the time of booking.
4. A security deposit of £200 for the rental period is required in case of damage to the property or its contents. However, the sum reserved by this clause, shall not limit the Client's liability to the owners. The owners will account to the Client for the security deposit and refund, less any charges necessary, within four weeks after the end of the rental period.
5. Subject to clauses 2 and 3 above, in the event of a cancellation, refunds of amounts paid, will be made if the owners are able to re-let the property, any expenses or losses resulting from the cancellation, will be deducted from the refundable amount. The Client is strongly recommended to arrange a comprehensive travel insurance policy (including cancellation cover) and to have full cover for the Client's personal belongings, public liability etc, as these are not covered by the owner's insurance.
6. The rental shall commence at 4pm on the first day and finish at 10am on the last day. The owners shall not be obliged to offer the accommodation before the time stated and the Client shall not be entitled to remain in occupation after the time stated.
7. The maximum number to reside in the property must not exceed the capacity number stated ( 6 persons), unless the owners have given prior permission.
8. The Client agrees to be a considerate tenant and to take good care of the property and to leave it in a clean and tidy condition at the end of the rental period. Although a final clean is included in the main season prices, the owners reserve the right to make retention from the security deposit, to cover additional cleaning costs if the Client leaves the property in an unacceptable condition.
9. The Client agrees not to act in any way which would cause disturbance to those resident in neighbouring properties.
10. The Client agrees to abide by the rules governing the use of the owners' swimming pool; the owners reserve the right to withdraw the facility following any misuse without compensation.
11. No items are to be removed from the owners' property, without the owners' prior permission.
12. The Client shall report to the owners, without delay, any defects in the property or breakdown in the equipment, plant, machinery or appliances in the property, garden or swimming pool, and arrangements for repair and/or replacement, will be made as soon as possible.
13. The owners shall not be liable to the Client for: any temporary defect or stoppage of public services to the property, nor in respect of any equipment, plant, machinery or appliance in the property, garden or swimming pool. For any loss, damage or injury suffered which is the result of adverse weather conditions, riot, war, strikes or other matters beyond the control of the owners. For any loss, damage or inconvenience caused to or suffered by the Client if the property should be destroyed or substantially damaged before the start of the rental period and in any such event, the owners shall, within seven days of notification to the Client, refund to the Client, all sums previously paid in respect of the rental period.
14. Under no circumstances shall the owners' liability to the Client exceed the amount paid to the owners for the rental period.
15. This contract shall be governed by French law in every particular including formation and interpretation and shall be deemed to have been made in France. Any proceedings arising out of or in connection with this contract, may be brought in any court of competent jurisdiction in France.